The University has an interest in ensuring that University of Chicago web properties are managed in a secure and professional manner. In conjunction with the Office of the Provost, University faculty, and IT leadership, the University adopted Web Properties Management Standards to promote good practices and address the risks associated with the management of web properties. Within the standards document are University standards for security and maintenance, digital accessibility, and domain name registration.
Websites and Web Applications
- Web Properties Management Standards – Outlines steps to ensure that websites are managed according to University policy. To view this page, sign in with your CNetID and password when prompted.
Domains and Hosting
- Use of External Service Providers – Policy for using third party technology providers for data storage and transmission
- Use of Non-UChicago.edu Domain Names – Outlines the circumstances under which any domain name other than uchicago.edu can be used on the University network
- Redirection of University Domain Names to External Networks – Describes the approval process for pointing a domain name to an external network
Brand and Identity
- Identity Guidelines – Hands-on resource to help communications reflect and harness the reputation of the University of Chicago, including tips on using the UChicago website template and University identity elements (logo, color palette), and editorial style
- Web Brand Guidelines – The following guidelines provide a basic outline for expressing the University brand on websites. Additional specifications are within this document, for more detailed process information on creating a University website, email firstname.lastname@example.org.